Half-Life Team Racing Mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for the mod

5 posters

Go down

Ideas for the mod Empty Ideas for the mod

Post  GloriousHavok Tue May 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Well, we need ideas. I'm thinking something like Mario Kart 64 and Half-Life meet. We've got some hilarious characters already, we need some ideas for items, and maps too.

I'm going to be handling the programming side, if anybody is interested in helping out let me know.

/fit/fag, so I'm gonna go work out, be back in a bit. logo coming soon.

Update

If you wanna help program the mod, I only ask that you are proficient in C++ and have Visual Studio 2005 or later (you can download Visual Studio 2010 for free from MS's website, or pirate the professional version).

We also need artists, people who can use Hammer Editor and make some cool shit, 3D modeling and animators, people willing to contribute ideas, and testers.

Last edited by GloriousHavok on Tue May 24, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

GloriousHavok
Admin

https://halfliferacing.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the mod Empty Re: Ideas for the mod

Post  Shedcrab Tue May 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Gabe needs to see this. Freeware game on Steam? I think it sounds like a great idea.

Shedcrab

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the mod Empty Love the idea

Post  apeh Tue May 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Sup, I'm the guy that offered to help with web design (PHPBB3, vBulletin, CMS - I have huge experiance on all) and any graphic design or artwork, I personally love the idea and massive props to the OP for the concept art of beautifulness.

Emailing gaben now - lets get this shit started off, I take it it will be made as a GMOD mod?

Also on topic 10000 votes for lamarr on a giant watermelon

EDIT: WHAT SHALLTH THE NAME OF THIS GLORY BE CALLETH?

apeh

Back to top Go down

Post  Gruntzilla Tue May 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Here's an item idea: A portal gun that you pick up and can use to portal a distance ahead.

Gruntzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  apeh Tue May 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Gruntzilla wrote:Here's an item idea: A portal gun that you pick up and can use to portal a distance ahead.
That would be intensely over powered if everyone is racing unless its limited

apeh

Back to top Go down

Post  FlamingUrine Tue May 24, 2011 5:13 pm

apeh wrote:Sup, I'm the guy that offered to help with web design (PHPBB3, vBulletin, CMS - I have huge experiance on all) and any graphic design or artwork, I personally love the idea and massive props to the OP for the concept art of beautifulness.

Emailing gaben now - lets get this shit started off, I take it it will be made as a GMOD mod?

Also on topic 10000 votes for lamarr on a giant watermelon

I sent it to Gaben when I first had the idea. I got no response man. Also I dont think it should be made in Gmod. It would be the art style that set it apart and gives it most of the humour.

Ps. I am also experienced in graphic design. I've been doing it in college for the last four years.
FlamingUrine
FlamingUrine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gruntzilla Tue May 24, 2011 5:14 pm

apeh wrote:That would be intensely over powered if everyone is racing unless its limited

It would only be a short distance.

How about this one: A bottle of pills that make you temporarily invincible.

Gruntzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gruntzilla Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm

I got!
ok
how about
guys
how about
Mossman riding a very veiny cock?

Gruntzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shedcrab Tue May 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Weapons:
-Portal gun: teleportation; short distance maximum
-Bottle of pills: Temporarily invincible
-Lemons: Equivalent of a bob-omb
-City scanner: Temporarily blinds the player; kind of like a blooper, but more effective
-Acid antlion: Spits acid, can only be used 3 times.
-Adrenaline: Speed boost
-Organic gravity gun: pick up cart in front of you and fling it
-Hopper mine: equivalent of a banana in mario kart

Shedcrab

Back to top Go down

Post  FlamingUrine Tue May 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Gruntzilla wrote:I got!
ok
how about
guys
how about

have you been reading my diary?

Ideas for the mod 2cba65823d995fbc67057524b99c69956122852e057ba592aa54ce2c856815874g

Ideas for the mod 6c9a87a6b844dacac6931c4d66787c313eec274da958ff8e9d6d4ab4b0b8b3014g
FlamingUrine
FlamingUrine

Back to top Go down

Post  GloriousHavok Tue May 24, 2011 5:39 pm

FlamingUrine wrote:
Gruntzilla wrote:I got!
ok
how about
guys
how about

have you been reading my diary?

Ideas for the mod 2cba65823d995fbc67057524b99c69956122852e057ba592aa54ce2c856815874g

Ideas for the mod 6c9a87a6b844dacac6931c4d66787c313eec274da958ff8e9d6d4ab4b0b8b3014g

Mah nigga

So the main thing we have to decide right now is will this be a stand-alone Half-Life mod or branch off from Gmod? I'm leaning towards a stand-alone Half-Life mod, mostly because that gives us a lot more flexibility.

GloriousHavok
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlamingUrine Tue May 24, 2011 7:34 pm

I vote for stand alone. As Ive said before I'd really like to keep the art style. Although, that would be majorly difficult. We would have to make new models from scratch, right? I honestly have no experience in modeling or anything related to modding. I am eager to learn though.
FlamingUrine
FlamingUrine

Back to top Go down

Post  GloriousHavok Tue May 24, 2011 9:28 pm

FlamingUrine wrote:I vote for stand alone. As Ive said before I'd really like to keep the art style. Although, that would be majorly difficult. We would have to make new models from scratch, right? I honestly have no experience in modeling or anything related to modding. I am eager to learn though.

The different art style would require new models and that would be difficult and we would need some /3/ people who know their shit in modeling. I've only done a little bit in 3DS Max and that was quite some time ago, but it's not entirely out of the question.

I've got work tomorrow, and I've got some IRL matters to attend to tonight, so Thursday's going to be the day that I'll officially start this project. I'd really like it if anybody reading this spam 4chan or other places for that matter where people would be interested in this... I really wanna get a lot of people involved, or at least some sort of community to help keep the project alive. I'll definitely have something tangible by the end of this weekend or maybe next, so stay tuned.

GloriousHavok
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  apeh Wed May 25, 2011 4:52 am

FlamingUrine wrote:I vote for stand alone. As Ive said before I'd really like to keep the art style. Although, that would be majorly difficult. We would have to make new models from scratch, right? I honestly have no experience in modeling or anything related to modding. I am eager to learn though.

Keeping the art style really isn't going to happen unless you want it made in flash or someone knows how to make great cartoony models in a tool kit, hammer is by far the simplest option unless you can find someone to do something differently and who is willing to do so (as to make the art style from scratch would require a lot of dedication)

apeh

Back to top Go down

Post  FlamingUrine Wed May 25, 2011 6:47 am

I honestly dont see the point in doing it if the art style isnt kept.
FlamingUrine
FlamingUrine

Back to top Go down

Post  apeh Wed May 25, 2011 7:08 am

FlamingUrine wrote:I honestly dont see the point in doing it if the art style isnt kept.
Its impossible to keep the art style

apeh

Back to top Go down

Post  FlamingUrine Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 am

apeh wrote:
FlamingUrine wrote:I honestly dont see the point in doing it if the art style isnt kept.
Its impossible to keep the art style

Not a great way to look at it.

FlamingUrine
FlamingUrine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum